Friday, January 8, 2016

Fast Track

Today on the Daniel Fast, I began to see how clearly the Word jumps out at me as I am focusing on the Fast and on spending this time in prayer and focus and worship of Him. I had some mild cravings today, mostly for sugar! but God gave me incredible strength to push through. I had juice with my early morning Bible time and prayer time...then had steamed carrots, sweet corn and mashed potatoes. For supper, I had a veggie pizza on whole wheat crust. Lots of water. But the food is the least important change.

I'm beginning to see that this time is a fast track to deeper intimacy with my Saviour. I have felt His Presence strongly all day long. All I want to do is worship Him, honor Him, draw Him to myself and rest in His embrace all the time.

Scriptures that once seemed dry, ones I've read hundreds of times, seemed to burn themselves onto the pages of my Bible today...leaping out to speak truth to me, truth that is amazingly RELEVANT to this day, this moment in time.

Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You're my God. Truly.

Bless you, wherever you are and whatever you are doing, right this minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment